I have no idea what to do:(

blacktears
I was physically, mentally and emotionally abused by my ex for over a year. He also physically abused me, the things he did to me were.. awful. I haven't dated or even "talked" to anyone for about a year (since we broke up) I just started talking to this guy... and he is really sweet and funny, and i like him. I am just starting to trust him and be able to open up to him, he knows about my ex and has been helping me a lot with the things i struggle with. But i was just talking to him and asked him what he was doing, he said he was cleaning out a injury on his hand. I of course asked what happened and he said he had a "fist rage" and that he hadn't had one in years.. he had it because his friend accidentally broke his phone and... he doesn't even remember what he hit.. and that scares me.. i was with a guy with anger issues and he hurt me a lot.. i know its not this guys fault but.. i don't know what to do.. I'm scared to like talk to him now...i don't want to make him mad and something happen... i know he's going through a lot right now with his Aunt just passing away...but..im still scared...
Will someone please give me some advice on what to do/ how to handle this? please!
*Scars remain!*

Re: I have no idea what to do:(

KarleyBrown
Hey, I can understand what you're going through. I mean, I, myself have not exactly gone through that, but my old best friend did, and I witnessed the majority of it.

I think something that you should remember is that even though you were traumatized by a guy who abused you, it does not mean that every guy, (even ones with the same traits,) will act the same. Even if this new guy has anger issues, he may be someone who takes things out on himself or objects, rather than another person. However, if you are unsure about being with this guy, maybe you shouldn't be with him if you're not ready. Think of the logical thought of it. If you are not mentally ready to be in a relationship with a person, chances are that you shouldn't be.

Hopefully I maybe helped you or got an idea in your mind. If not, that's okay. I just want to help, too.
Stay strong. <3 You'll get through it.
"Life gives it's toughest battles to it's strongest soldiers." -Jeydon Wale. Stay strong. <3 It gets better.

Re: I have no idea what to do:(

blacktears
Thank you so much, and your right.. just because a guy shares the same traits doesn't mean he is anything like my ex.. and it has been a year since me and my ex broke up.. and i guess i thought i was ready.. but now i know i am not.. i may never be... everything he said/did to me is still like burned into my heart and my mind.. but again thank you for the advice
*Scars remain!*

Re: I have no idea what to do:(

KarleyBrown
No problem.
Also, I'm not sure if it's something you'll have to do, but with my friend who did go through that, she seemed to have been in the same position and she forced herself to be with someone else so she would understand that not every guy was going to hurt her physically. She is still currently traumatized, and has PTSD from it, but she's pushed herself through. So you're right, you may never be ready. If that's the case, then you might have to force yourself to just get on with things. However, everyone's experiences are different and you may not want or need to do that.
I hope you're okay. <3 Take your time, find out what's right for you, and keep your chin up. (:
"Life gives it's toughest battles to it's strongest soldiers." -Jeydon Wale. Stay strong. <3 It gets better.